Thursday 9 August 2012

New Outlook

With the wet weather hanging about recently, I'm finding it hard to 'lounge around' on the grass without getting my rear-end satched. A friend off loaded some ol' sleepers to us a while back and while most of them came in handy to create edging for our first garden, there is still a few lying around. Got me thinking about having a new place to park up and ponder the garden...


A good pressure clean cleared out the ants and dirt...


In the end, I didn't even give the sleeper a sand as the natural ridges feel nice to sit on. A couple of solid iron-bark stumps from the wood heap became ideal legs...

Cat gives the seal of approval


I actually surprised myself on how easy this project was. No glueing or screwing - the damn hardwood sleeper and logs are so heavy, there is no budging them.


So now, we have a new outlook on the garden and lawn, without the wet backside!

1 comment:

  1. Great seat, I love those no glue-no screw projects. It looks fantastic and very ol rusty possumish.

    ReplyDelete