Sunday 27 October 2013

Hot weather = perfect Tomato & Capsicum growing weather


Tomatoes and capsicum love the hot weather, plenty of sunshine and water and handful of complete organic fertiliser at planting, jam a stake in as well and bring it on...

So far I've done a punnet of tomato seedlings (Pear) - with a followup planting due in 4 weeks. Plus I direct sowed seeds (Roma). My pre-planting fertiliser was blood and bone, plus a bit around the drip line of the plant once in. In about 3 weeks I will put some pelleted chicken manure fertiliser like Dynamic lifter around as well - or I will try and rake up a good amount out of the chook house!

Make sure you're planting some beetroot, corn, carrot and lettuce to have in your summer time salads as well now hey! Another day delayed, another missed opportunity!

Happy planting :)
Okay so the 'stringline' is a bit of an overkill for lining my stakes up ...


Working with seedlings can be a great opportunity for kids to get involved!

No comments:

Post a Comment