Thursday 4 October 2012

Motivated - like plants feeling that warm spring sun

I couldn't believe how organised I was a few weeks ago when it got noticeably warm - out came the balance of the ol broccoli crop and some old lettuce. I re-mulched, fertilised and planted: corn, beetroot, more lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, carrot, chilli, then mulched again.
Corn thriving planted from seed approx 50cm tall now


These are going good now and the garden looking great but very full as usual. A bit of a surprise at the moment is the snow peas - I only planted them because I had left over seed from last year, and now they are the cream of the crop! So I will plant them again next year for sure

The spuds (potatoes) are coming along good as well, lets hope they're better than last years crop otherwise I'm gonna go postal I swear!

A few leftover spuds went into the main
vege patch - bulk into 'top paddock'

1 comment: