Friday 11 May 2012

Citrus Trees




It has been a month or so since I have done anything to the fruit trees apart from inspections a few times a week for grubs, scale leaf curl and new fruit!

So time for some white oil, this works a treat as a semi-regular spray every few weeks to take care of most nasties, except for the grubs. I also like to give some potash liquid and trace elements at least once per season (ie 4 times a year).

It has been a great season for the citrus with loads of fruit on these tress that are only 2 years in the ground. I never thought I would have my own lemon or lime tree with so much fruit! But it’s great to have it at our disposal now. Self-sufficient in lemons and limes plus I think there is a good few oranges on as well.

limes - great to use now
oranges - will ripen in winter
lemons begging to be picked


No comments:

Post a Comment