Tuesday 8 May 2012

Coriander and Parsley Seed

Today in the garden I planted coriander and parsley...
the ole 3 prong rake is the best
Arrhh... Coriander my favourite! I secretly reckon I’m the coriander king, now this stuff is simple – well I think so, but so many crew that I talk to say they can’t grow it at all. It is very, very basic, make sure soil has good crumb and is moist - dark damp (technical term for when soil looks moist you know when you wet soil it goes a darker colour – that’s it! Or when you grab a handful and squeeze it; it feels moist and cool, yep you’re onto it!).

 
coriander seed collected from
last season
Now, run your garden fork through the soil to create furrows or just mess the soil up. Then get your seeds if you have made a row, drop them in randomly about 1 – 2 cm apart. Or if you’re like me, don’t get too technical just scatter them on top of your messed up soil. Then get handfuls of dirt and scatter over the area, remember 3 times seed thickness layer of dirt, so not too deep or else they will never emerge.



 
Pat the seeds with your palms when done and then water them in. In about 1 week it should look like a field of green! Keep these small seeds moist during germination but not wet.
always pat down the seed after
applying a top layer of dirt


YUM....I can taste it already!


Note: The same theories apply to parsley seed!
same deal for the parsely seed -
again seed stock collected from last crop
mature contenential parsley currently growing

No comments:

Post a Comment