Thursday 31 May 2012

A Different Kind of Harvest

As well as harvesting fruit and vege for the dinner table I love nothing more than to pop out into the garden and pick a few gems for display around the home. 

thai basil - often referred to by the
children as the 'bee' plant
With the winter chills on their way, less time may be spent by me outside, but I will always make time to duck out and pick something from the garden to brighten up the house.

A pair of secateurs and gloves (essential for cutting roses) are always within easy reach plus an array of quirky vases - this old copper oil can would have to be one my all time favourites!
native sweet pea bush
Roses would have to be the all time classic indoor cut flower. They are also are very needy, but I am happy to spend 10 minutes a week to 'de-head' and prune back 'water shoots'. Hubby takes care of all the fertilsing and spraying for pests (using white-oil).

He also reminds me every Valentines Day how he gives me roses everyday of the year (aahhh.....blushing).

No comments:

Post a Comment